THE CORNISH WAY BOOKING CONDITIONS
We will abbreviate The Cornish Way to TCW throughout. If we write about ‘we’ or ‘us’ it is referring to TCW or any cottage owners we’re representing on the receipt for any monies paid. Likewise, ‘you’ or ‘yours’ refers to anyone in the party booking one of the properties represented by TCW.
So that you understand the basis of the contract between you and the property owner when you book your accommodation the conditions have been laid out as clearly as possible showing the basis on which your booking is made. Nothing in these conditions affects your normal statutory rights.
We act as agent for the Owner by arranging Bookings and taking payment from you for the Properties that appear on our website. We do not own any of the Properties, but we reserve the right to refuse any Bookings in accordance with these Booking Conditions. Once we have accepted a Booking a legally binding Rental Contract will be formed between you and the Owner under which the Owner will make the Property available to you and we will not be a party to the Rental Contract.
The following will all form part of the Rental Contract between you and the Owner:
1) Your Booking Details
2) These Booking Conditions.
3) Any other special or additional conditions that we draw to your attention during the booking process before we accept your Booking.
As our obligations to you are limited to those in connection with the Booking Service, we accept no liability for any defects or unavailability of the Property or any other problems with your holiday. Your rights under these Booking Conditions and the Rental Contract are against the Owner.
1. Bookings - Bookings are processed by TCW on behalf of the cottage owner and when written confirmation is issued, you are entering in to a contract with the owner and are subject to the conditions detailed below. TCW, on the owner’s behalf, has the right to refuse any booking request after the deposit has been paid. Should this be the case the deposit will be returned.
The person making the booking must be at least 21 years old when they make the booking.
You agree that no liability can be accepted by the owner or by TCW for any costs, loses, expenses, claims or any other amounts suffered or incurred by you. We strongly recommend that comprehensive insurance cover is sought for any holiday booking.
We do not accept bookings for large parties (such as a stag or hen party) in any of our properties and will cancel a booking if we learn of a party of this nature having booked. This is both to protect the beautiful properties and out of respect for our neighbours.
It is your responsibility to check all of the information on any receipt, especially dates and totals. If anything is incorrect you must contact us to enable us to make corrections.
2. Deposits and payments To secure a booking the required details on the booking form must be sent by email or by using the form, and a non-refundable deposit of 30% of the total cost of your stay must be received by bank transfer, PayPal or via confirmation from the relevant booking sites such as HomeAway or Air B&B. Upon receipt of these cleared funds or written confirmation via other booking sites TCW will issue a written confirmation and receipt. The Cornish Way’s bank account is held at Starling bank:
Account Name: The Cornish Way client account
Sort code: 60-83-71 Account number: 93466902
For International transfers please use UK sterling:
A security deposit will be requested by TCW for all new guests and is payable with the balance. This will be refunded by bank transfer once the cleaner has confirmed there have been no breakages or damage to the property or contents or there has not been a need for any additional cleaning costs. If the loss or damage exceeds the deposit in value then you will remain liable for the excess.
3. Communications Please ensure that you inform TCW how you wish to be communicated with and at the point of boking supply us with your home address. Email address, landline and mobile phone numbers in case of any emergency or other need to get in touch with you. TCW cannot be held responsible for any issue arising out of an inability to contact you where full contact details have not been supplied to TCW.
4. Subject to situations in clause 6 being excepted where the cancellation is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes, illness or any other matters beyond our control. Cancellations by TCW without default by the hirer - We will do all we can to avoid having to cancel a booking but should we need to do so we will contact you first by phone using your given number, and if we are not able to speak to you, we’ll send an email using an address given by you. In the event of a cancellation where no suitable alternative arrangements can be made or moving of the holiday dates, TCW will seek to place you in an alternative cottage, either within our portfolio, or nearby. If we cannot offer you a suitable alternative, we will refund you all the money you have paid to TCW with regard this particular booking. You must either accept or refuse the alternative offered within 7 days. If you do not let us know how you would like to proceed, we will assume that you require a refund. We reserve the right to make small adjustments to the cottages or their bookings with the intention of improving the accommodation.
5. Cancellations or changes to bookings by customers. Once the deposit and/or balance is paid it is non-refundable. If you need to cancel the booking for any reason and let us know at least eight weeks before your stay and subject to the owner's discretion we may offer to carry your deposit over to another equivalent period in the same property provided we can relet the cancelled period and subject to availability. Please let us know any changes immediately to give us the best chance of re-letting the period you had booked. All changes to bookings, no matter how minor, need to be confirmed in writing.
You are strongly recommended to arrange comprehensive travel insurance including cancellation cover, baggage, personal belongings and public liability etc.
6. Situations beyond the control of TCW. TCW shall not be liable to you for any temporary defect or stoppage of public services to the property, nor in respect of any equipment, machinery or appliances in the property or gardens. We will however ensure that we do all we can to get services and appliances up and running again ASAP.
TCW will not be liable to you for any cancellation, loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes, illness or any other matters beyond our control. TCW are also not liable for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the customer if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of or during the hire period. In such event TCW will refund all amounts paid to us.
7. Liability TCW will have no liability for death or personal injury unless it has resulted from negligence of the company or owner or their employees acting, at the time, in the course of their employment.
You must ensure that your personal property is protected appropriately. No liability is accepted by the owners or company for damage to or loss of personal property unless the loss is caused by negligence of the owner or company or that of any employee acting in the course of their employment at the time.
8. Advertised details TCW will use their best endeavours to ensure all advertised details regarding their holiday cottages are up to date and accurate. TCW will contact you to advise you of any changes or restrictions to services. We cannot accept responsibility for any misleading or incorrect information about any property or related services except in cases where TCW is negligent.
9. Arrivals and departures All booking confirmation paperwork will state the times for arrival and departure. Arrival is after 4pm, with departure on the agreed day being no later than 10 am.
10. During your stay you and others staying in the property agree to keep the property clean and tidy throughout the duration of your stay. You must leave the property in a similar state to that in which it was found. TCW reserves the right to make a deduction from any security deposit to cover additional cleaning if the property is left in an unacceptable condition.
The maximum number of people to reside in the property must not exceed the number on the booking form unless agreed with TCW.
You are responsible for reporting any details of damage, breakages, defects or breakdowns in equipment, machinery or appliances in the property or garden. This needs to be done as soon as any problems are noted. Arrangements for repair or replacement will then be made.
You, and others staying in the property, agree not to use the property for any commercial purposes which includes subletting the property. You, and others staying in the property, also agree not to act in any way to cause disturbance to neighbours and those staying in neighbouring properties or the local area.
Most of our cottages are in secluded areas more noise sensitive than built up areas. Please do not make noise that may be heard outside the property after 10.00 pm.
Please park on the parking areas, if any, detailed your welcome notes.
In dog friendly properties dogs must be kept on leads in any communal areas, this includes walking from the cottages to your car. In consideration for neighbours and livestock there should be no fireworks lit at the property and smoking or vaping in or around the property is strictly prohibited
In the instance where a guest, or any of their party suffer an infectious illness during their stay they must inform TCW immediately and take all reasonable efforts to seek medical advice and vacate the property and return home immediately to avoid contamination.
At the end of your stay please empty the bins in the property taking the rubbish to the wheelie bins detailed in your welcome notes.
11. Property repossession The owner is entitled at his/her discretion to refuse to hand over to you, or to repossess forthwith, the property including fixtures, fittings, furnishings and decorations if they reasonably believe that any damage is likely to be caused, has been caused or is being caused by you or anyone staying in the property. If this occurs it will be viewed as a cancellation by you and therefore no money will be repaid from TCW. TCW will accept no liability in this situation to you or anyone who was staying in the property. We will not be under any obligation to provide you with alternative accommodation.
12. Pets properties. Many of the property owners have dogs and so the properties have had animals in them at some point. TCW accepts no liability for any guest or person visiting the property who may have, or develop, an allergy or suffer in any way.
If you are staying in a pet friendly property and take a pet with you they are not to jump, sit or sleep on any furniture, chairs, sofas or beds. They are not to be left unattended in the property. If the pet is wet, dirty, muddy or sandy they must be cleaned and dried prior to entering the property.
Pets must not make a nuisance of themselves in or around the property, including a noise nuisance. Dogs must be on a lead in communal areas.
Deductions from the security deposit will be made by TCW, on behalf of the owner, for any damage or additional cleaning of, or replacement of, carpets and/or soft furnishings which have resulted in damage or inappropriate use by pets.
Registered assistance dogs are welcome in all properties even when it is not described as pet friendly. Assistance dogs must behave in an appropriate manner and must be clean, not get onto furniture and not create a nuisance through barking.
13. Property access You must allow access to the property for the owner or TCW or anyone who the owner has requested to attend the property. This access will usually be discussed with you for minimum disturbance unless in an emergency when access can be permitted without any notice.
14. Complaints We hope that you will not have any cause to complain. However, if you are unhappy with your holiday, we will do all we can to resolve any issues. We ask that you notify us immediately so the problem can start to be rectified as the owner and TCW are not liable for any issue not reported to us during the holiday
If you leave the property early due to a problem and have not alerted TCW then no liability for any claims will be accepted.
If you made contact at the time of problems arising and you feel, at the end of your holiday, that the problem was not dealt with appropriately by TCW please write to us at 39 Fore Street, St Just. TR19 7LJ. These written complaints will then be investigated further and we will contact you to discuss resolution.
15. Personal data We will not share your data with any third parties for any purpose unless legally required to do so, except the owners of properties you have rented.
We may send you occasional updates regarding the properties or any offers there may be. Just let us know if you don’t want to be included in any communication from us.
The data we collect is held securely and only accessed by employees of TCW, except that some data will need to be passed to property owners and/or their representatives so that they know who is staying in their property.
We will use some of the data for administration purposes and to make contact with you for future marketing and promotional reasons. Please let us know if you do not want further contact.
16. Your rights Your statutory rights are not affected by anything contained within these conditions. This contract is governed by the law of England and Wales in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England and Wales. Any proceeding arising out of or in connection with its contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England and Wales.
We look forward to seeing you soon...